Within a few seconds, the activator solution is absorbed, and a chemical reaction takes place, generating heat and a controlled amount of steam for needed humidity. As the canister heats, the HotShot fingerprint developer begins to vaporize and fills the fuming chamber with extremely sensitive, active print-developing fumes.
HotShot is all inclusive to fume several items in a contained chamber. After use, simply screw the lid back on the protective container, and throw the unit away.
Tracker’s HotShot Tips
- Store in a cool, preferably dry environment.
- Use one per 10-15 gallon fuming chamber.
- Use 3-4 for car interiors.
- Usually development is “done” within 5 minutes in a small chamber, 30-45 minutes for a car.
- The created fumes and steam rises…place your evidence above for best results.
- No need to add humidity, it is built-in.
- Only use a few drops of the developer…or carefully watch development time.
- Unit gets hot for at least 7-10 minutes during the process.
- Be careful not to overdevelop.
- Dispose of normally, use with adequate ventilation.